About The Event
The Heller Startup Challenge is an annual social enterprise initiative designed to help Brandeis students to learn and develop entrepreneurial solutions to the world’s most pressing social problems. Sponsored by the Heller School for Social Policy and Management, the challenge gives students access to expertise in the form of mentors and experience in the process of bringing great ideas into action. Areas to address may include, but not limited to:
- Economic development
- Education innovation
- Energy and the environment
- Global development
- Health access and affordability
Work space and food will be provided for the entire weekend. Throughout the process, students will be mentored by a network of social entrepreneur related professionals and provided tools to translate their idea into reality.
The challenge lasts two and a half days held at the Heller School for Social Policy and Management on November 3-5th. Participants may form teams prior to the event or ideate and form teams at the event, and work towards creating a viable social enterprise business plan to present to a panel of distinguished judges on Sunday evening for a $1,000 prize.
About the Participants
The Heller Startup Challenge is open to all Brandeis students from any field of study who are interested in any of the following:
- Starting a social enterprise and/or testing your enterprise idea
- Applying skills to support social, economic and environmental causes
- Learning and working with a diverse and talented team of colleagues and friends
- Networking with the social entrepreneur community
- Building your resume and personal branding
- Having a blast with vibrant change makers!